Friday, September 20, 2013

Moment of clarity.

After years of my mother telling me my "friends" in my world of partying wouldn't last it finally clicked. She didn't warn me that it would be like a light bulb going off, no one told me it would happen faster than over night.

But that's what happened... I have always been a self described social butterfly. My list of "best" friends has always been more than fingers I have.  It's been something I have been proud of, one of my accomplishments so to say. As I find myself on the verge of 24 I realize my list of friends mean nothing in the real game of life if they aren't sincere. It took a few unimportant events for me to see the light, and realize I only have a few real friends. I say the events are unimportant because when looking back on my life in 10,15 years I won't remember the details of why, I will only remember this is the time I discovered who. Who is important that is.

These people that still remain important to me are people who will always have my back, no matter what rumors or lies are being told. They are people I don't get to see everyday but they will always pick up the phone if I need something, or maybe just someone to talk to. The best part is most of them have been around for years, I just didn't see through the selfishness I was catering to in my current social circle. And there was a lot of selfishness.

With the people of drama, lies, and being self-centered as a thing of the past I can focus on the important things and people in my life.



The people I lost will always remain special to me, and in the end I have found no hate for anyone. Just a whole lot of clarity. Now that the fog has past I can focus on the sunshine.

1 comment:

  1. It can be painful to discover who are your friends and who are not, but in the end it's worth it, and it's a very important part of life.

    ReplyDelete